Argo AI was founded to tackle one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence with self-driving vehicles. Argo AI is developing and deploying the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning and computer vision to help build safe and efficient self-driving vehicles that enable these transformations and more. The challenges are significant, but we are a team that believes in tackling hard, meaningful problems to improve the world.
We are building a high-performance team that is excited by complex engineering challenges and is passionate about making transportation safer, more affordable and accessible for all.
The Argo LiDAR team is developing a disruptive Geiger-mode LiDAR system enabling rich point cloud range and resolution beyond what is available in the market today for autonomous vehicles. What this means for our customers is a more capable sensor which enables safer and higher performance autonomous perception systems
Our LiDAR team has a decade of history in delivering Geiger-mode products for other industries, and we are optimizing these technologies for automotive-oriented mass production. Our design is novel from a technical standpoint and offers performance essential to scaling the deployment of driverless cars.
The electronics platform links the lasers, sensors, optics, and processing sub-assemblies together into a coherent high performance electrical system. Because of the integrated nature of this design, you will regularly interface with cross-functional engineers to design within the constraints and performance requirements of the LiDAR and autonomy system.
What you ll do:
- Develop analog, mixed signal technologies, and high-speed digital electronic circuits for automotive LiDAR
- Perform component selection, schematic capture, circuit analysis, and simulation of designs
- Work with component manufacturers and vendors on new and existing technology for integration into designs
- Work with PCB designers to meet performance, mechanical, thermal and reliability requirements
- Test and characterize prototype assemblies for designed functionality and performance
- Support system integration and testing
- Work with contract manufacturers in support of engineering and design transfer to volume production
- Develop concise documentation of designs, test plans, test results and analysis
What we re looking for:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- Strong history of industry experience in product design including recent experience owning & delivering on the full lifecycle of a product development; from initial requirements generation, prototyping and troubleshooting, through transfer to contract manufacturing in a fast paced environment.
- Strong PCB schematic and layout design skills, including mixed signal and high-speed design. Preference for candidates with working experience in the Altium Designer toolset
- Working knowledge of standard bench equipment; oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience developing complex hardware systems in automotive and robotics, aerospace, consumer electronics, defense, medical or similar industries
- Experience with digital communication protocols
- Experience writing robust engineering documentation used by cross-functional teams.
- Experience with electromechanical components or sensors
- Prefer experience in functional testing, reliability testing, and qualification of complex systems
- Prefer experience with design-in of FPGAs, microprocessors, or other complex digital ICs
- Prefer experience with PLM, PDM, ECO, and BOM tools and processes
At Argo AI, we have a strong emphasis on creating a highly effective team environment. Thus, we seek candidates that can work effectively with others across a broad range of disciplines. Argo AI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in diversity as a strength and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We know it takes competitive benefits to fuel a team that works hard and enjoys the challenge. At Argo AI, you can expect stellar perks to support your best self:
- High-quality individual and family health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Free onsite or adjacent parking
- Commuter reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Professional development reimbursement
Argo AI is a
LinkedIn Top 50 Startup
Associated topics: diagram, electrical, hardware, kv, lighting, msee, power, rf, stationary engineer, wiring