Loading some great jobs for you...
The GOLFTV Product Team is looking for a Director of Product Engineering to manage teams of engineers building the customer-facing digital experiences across all platforms. This person is a strong technical, hands-on leader who has experience in the sports and media industry with the ability to get into the details while also being able to communicate effectively to senior leadership.
Reporting to the VP of Product, this role be responsible managing high-velocity and agile development teams across Web, Mobile Apps, TVs and Connected Devices. You will partner closely with developers, product managers, and designers on technical initiatives, scoping and estimation, planning, and oversee day-to-day execution. You have high standards on code standards, availability, scalability, efficiency, architecture, and team culture. Your team will be responsible for delivering features and enhancements that drive engagement and revenue for GOLFTV.
You are passionate about creating and supporting a high-functioning team that continually delivers, innovates, and grows. You have a strong background in building dynamic, high-volume consumer-facing experiences using the latest front-end technologies and also have a strong understanding of a variety of backend services. You expect to spend a considerable amount of your time in the code helping with high-priority initiatives and unblocking your team.
1. In addition to the responsibilities noted above:
2. Lead by example through coding, this is a hands-on engineering role.
3. Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns and principles.
4. Conduct unit tests, peer code reviews and maintenance of applications, and evaluation and performance testing of all digital platforms.
5. Write and maintain detailed technical specifications for entire systems (made up of several subsystems).
6. Define and manage the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
7. Contribute to the delivery of high-quality products as perceived by the end user, measured against satisfaction metrics.
8. Ensure complex business needs are properly interpreted and reflected in solutions.
9. Embrace the responsibilities of being a direct manager and put a high-priority on coaching, mentoring and other managerial responsibilities.
10. Platform responsibilities include Web, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Xbox One, Playstation, and other similar devices.
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
* Passionate coder with at least 7 years of software development experience on large scale, high-volume digital platforms, and at least 3 years of hiring, managing, and leading engineering teams (you still love rolling up your sleeves and coding alongside your team).
* Expert experience and proficiency in developing application using ReactJS, React Native, NodeJS, ExpressJS, MongoDB and has extensive experience in designing and developing micro services.
* Working experience with platform-specific languages such as Swift for iOS, Java or Kotlin for Android, etc.
* Working experience using GitHub, GitLab as well as CD/CI tools such as Jenkins, PM2 and similar tools and technologies.
* Commanding knowledge of device manufacturer guidelines, signing, certification and publishing processes.
* Commanding knowledge of UI component lifecycles, rendering and performance in at least one of our target platforms.
* Expert level experience and understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures.
* Cloud infrastructure experience on AWS or GCP, as well as integration experience using web services - SOAP and/or REST.
* Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills with the ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
* A passion for Golf and/or a good understanding of the media and sport industries.
* Excellent written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digitally-savvy audiences.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Launch your career - Upload your resume now!Upload your resume
Loading some great jobs for you...