The employer is an innovative global equipment manufacturer.
- Provide strategic direction for the department and develop a yearly plan including research & development of new tehnologies, new product development activities, hiring needs, and continuous improvement initiatives & enhancement of design processes.
- Manage and develop annual budget as well as creating future plans for upcoming capital needs in the department.
- Direct design activities to ensure reliability, safety and performance objectives and support intellectual property.
- Develop and grow electrical engineering staff to include assessing curent technical skills of the department, determining any skills gaps and future needs, and succession planning activities.
- Work across multiple departments to ensure a timely and coordinated design/ development process and smooth transition to manufacturing, resulting in a final product that meets customer needs and specifications.
- Drive a culture of innovation and create, establish, and implement proven product development processes to ensure timely launch of new products.
- At least 10 years of related embedded electronics design experience, ideally for capital equipment.
- Requires 5 years of expereincce leading and managing a new product development team.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a background driving change and new processes.
- Experience overseeing software/firmware development teams.
- Knowledge of IoT technologies is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
Associated topics: adapter, dsp, energy, lighting, power, renewable, rf, schema, solar, transmission